Posted: Jun 01, 2021
Posted: Jun 01, 2021
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bryanston, Mauritania
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior C&I Engineer.
- Responsible for the Instrument and Control System Engineering and Design functions in the Engineering Department.
- Interface with the Process Department for calculating and sizing of instrumentation equipment from the flow sheets and P&ID's.
- Interface with the Electrical Department to align design and engineering requirements between Electrical and Instrument and Control System equipment.
- Uphold and maintain international engineering standards, codes and practices.
- Under the direction of the Manager Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering and/or Principal I & C System Engineer and/or Lead I & C System Engineer, prepare, review and coordinate instrumentation and control system calculations, documentation and drawings for company studies and/or projects.
- Ensure design engineering standards are maintained and adhered to on all projects.
- Provide technical design guidance to project staff on instrumentation & control system & designs.
- Instrument and Control System Engineering and Design.
- Compliance with latest International and local design standards, codes, statutory regulations and acts.
- Produce designs in accordance with project, discipline, good practice, company procedural requirements and meets Clients standards.
- Ensure all design standards are adhered to and maintained on all projects.
- Ensure serviceability, safety and operability of designs.
- Utilise project filing system (Sharepoint or other)
- Prepare, review, coordinate, check and approve instrumentation and control drawings and specifications, under the direction of the Manager Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering and/or Principal I&C System Engineer.
- Utilize and enhance instrumentation and control system design systems and processes and ensure their implementation within Instrumentation and Control System discipline.
- Ensure that the plant design is optimal in terms of control systems and networks.
- Attend and/or conduct regular design group meetings in the 3D environment.
- Review and update P&ID drawings with instrumentation and valve requirements
- Review and comment on documents and drawings from other disciplines.
- Review supplier documentation and drawings for compliance with project specifications.
- Review equipment & installation contractors' proposals and produce technical adjudications / recommendations.
- Liaise with clients on engineering design issues, as required.
- Attend factory acceptance tests and provide input to supplier's test documentation.
- Produce site inspections, functionality testing and commissioning documentation.
- Liaise with site staff on engineering design issues, as required.
- Assist with plant installation and commissioning.
- Respond to technical queries from projects, client and site.
- Prepare project close out reports with comparison of design and procurement budgets.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree, BTech or National Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Control Engineering
- ECSA registration as Professional Engineer or Professional Technologist Engineer (or working towards registration).
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years' working experience in a project engineering environment, preferably within the resources/minerals processing industry in Africa.
- Site instrument engineer with plant installation and commissioning experience
- Willing and able to work in Mauritania
- QA/QC activities, contractor supervision
- Experience in managing relationships with clients, contractors and service providers.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate in a clear manner and express own ideas with confidence.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to engage with multiple stakeholders and people at all organisational levels.
- Clear logical thinker, with the ability to make good decisions under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and keep in balance multiple priorities/demands.
- Good attention to detail and ability to facilitate appropriate information sharing amongst project stakeholders.
- Ability to think outside the box to find the best solutions to problems.
- Good level of self-awareness, emotional maturity and resilience.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.