Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Project Management, Project Controls
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a IAP P6 Planner/Scheduler for a 1-2 year contract in Calgary, AB.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
This key analytical role is for an experienced planner/scheduler who will develop a detailed Primavera based delivery plan covering both Operations Readiness and Business Readiness scopes and produce monthly reports. As part of this the actual versus planned status of the S-Curve in the monthly progress report will be produced
Key dimensions are:
• Assure compliance from the seven control areas owners and their teams that conform the Integrated Activity Plan (IAP) providing clear instructions for its planning, scheduling and progress control and reporting activities.
• Analyzing progress and planning data from the control areas owners and activity responsible individuals and convert this into a clear view on the progress and lookahead of the work needed in the next month.
• Assist in creating and keeping up to date dashboards to give the IAP BOM, Asset Director and Asset LT progress insights per various control areas in the L1/L2 and L3 of the IAP.
• Compile monthly progress updates and forecast completions into the IAP L1/L2/L3 schedule and monthly presentations
• Perform audits on actual progress statements from the IAP control areas owners to validate progress.
• Perform trend analysis based on available progress and quantity reporting
•Support IAP schedule risk analysis and scenarios sensitivities
• Assess the schedule impact of requested variations requests
• Participate in regular meetings with control areas owners and third parties regarding planning matters
Skills & Requirements:
• Degree or Technical diploma in Engineering, Construction management, Commerce, business or similar field project management
• 10+ years of experience in planning engineering, construction, CSU or Turnaround activities
• 10+ years of experience in petrochemical industry
• Project Management or Controls professional certification is desirable
• Well-versed analyzing large amount of data to provide concise technical reports in easy-to-understand formats
• Worked on at least 1 mega project for several years with preference towards direct planning experience across commissioning, start-up and reaching stable operation
• Hands-on experience of Primavera and demonstrable database abilities (ability to convert data into information)
• Proven stakeholders (internal and external partners) engagement and communication skills
• Fluent in English both orally and written
• Reports to the IAP Asset Readiness Resource Planner supporting Asset Director and Asset Leadership Team
• Work in a virtual team as the project will have significant activities ongoing in the Engineering and Procurement operating centers in Calgary and Yokohama and the construction site in Kitimat
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.