Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Mid-Level Electrical Engineer , PE to produce electrical engineering requirements independently or as a member of a design team, including drawings, plans, specifications and studies. Individual will perform site assessments; analysis and lighting layouts and significant CADD work. Design tasks will include Conceptual Studies, Program Requirements, Design Analyses, Calculations, Equipment selection and layout, and System selection and layout for facility electrical systems.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Produce electrical engineering requirements independently or as a member of a design team, to:
- Conduct site assessments and field visits, prepare condition assessments, and participate in design charrettes
- Develop construction documents including design drawings, specifications, design analysis and cost estimates
- Model electrical systems and conduct load analysis, load flow, short circuit analysis, voltage drop analysis, and conduct arc flash studies
- Review contractor construction submittals and shop drawings for conformance to specifications and construction drawings
- Prepare engineering change orders and answer requests for information during construction
- Conduct inspections during construction to observe the progress and conformance to the construction documents
- Prepare industrial electrical designs including: one line diagrams, motor control center layouts, motor wiring diagrams, instrument loop drawings, control ladder diagrams, site plans and area classification plans for hazardous area and non-hazardous areas
- Will mentor junior team members on projects
- Work under the direction from Senior Electrical Engineer lead
- Will utilize key production tools including AutoCAD, REVIT, Electroworx, SKM Power Tools for Windows, Easy Power and/or ETAP, SpecsIntact, Masterspec, and or SpecText, RS Means Costworks to model and analyze electrical systems, Microsoft 360 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Microsoft Project Manager, LitePro and/or AGI lighting modeling software, NIST BLCC.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university
- Registered Professional Electrical Engineer (PE)
- 6 years + design experience in facilities renovations and power systems up to medium voltage
- Proven ability to design from concept to completion multiple concurrent projects
- Experience in facility & site power, distribution system modeling, arc flash analysis, electrical system designs, and code analysis (NFPA 70 NEC, NFPA 780 Lightning Protection Code, NFPA 101 Life Safety Code IEEE/ANSIC C2 NESC, ICC International Energy Conservation Code, etc.)
- Experience in generating contract packages, to include design, drawings, equipment selection, specifications, and cost estimating, etc.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Electrical modeling software experience
- US citizenship required as may be working in restricted access government facilities
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- SKM experience preferred
- REVIT experience a plus
- Lighting modeling experience a plus
- DoD project experience a plus.
- Hazardous environment design experience a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.