Skills: Technical Manager, Geochemist
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Santiago, Chile
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile; Lima, Peru; and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Wood currently has a senior leadership opportunity for a Technical Director, South America in Santiago, Chile. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Mining Consulting, this position has overall responsibility for technical leadership of the Mining & Minerals Consulting Group in South America. This position requires strong technical, managerial and business leadership skills with a wide network of clients. We expect that the successful candidate will maintain and expand our reputation of a high-quality service provider. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing technical leadership and management for a diverse mining engineering team ranging from junior to principal level staff in Peru and Chile
- Collaborating with other consulting management, Technical Directors and the VP, Global Consulting in selection and allocation of technical resources to company projects
- Lead preparation of proposals and estimates for consulting studies
- Managing multi-disciplinary mining consulting projects, ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with Wood standards
- Providing specialist technical input, leadership and management on projects; including major mining studies
- Managing interactions between consulting, engineering and client teams
- Assisting in the identification and recruitment of high-quality technical staff in order to grow and expand the technical capabilities of the South American consulting group
- Ensuring professional development of technical staff
- Ensuring superior performance on projects through the appropriate assignment of technical staff and personal participation in projects
- Actively supporting business development activities through participation in conferences, direct business development activities and strategic client relationship management
- Ensuring quality in Wood consulting products by enforcement of a peer review policy and involvement of senior specialists as project advisors
- Ensuring compliance with company health and safety policies, project management and commercial procedures
Please submit your resume in English
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate degree in Geology, Mining or a related field of study, combined with qualified person (QP) designation
- A minimum of 25 years' experience of mining industry experience in operations and within the engineering consulting industry
- Experience in an operations environment at a geology, mine or process superintendent or manager level, or management of engineering study teams
- Familiarity with resource modeling or mine planning software systems such as MineSight, Gemcom, Surpac, Datamine, Vulcan and Whittle, and capable of utilizing industry knowledge to develop mine designs and production plans
- Knowledge of industry standards in mineral resource and mineral reserve estimation (such as JORC, CIM or SME guidelines) and compliance with public disclosure regulations such as NI43-101 and S-K 1300
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills in the management of technical people and advanced projects
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Knowledge and insight into the local South American mining market is considered a strong asset
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required with strong technical writing skills
- Must be eligible to work in Chile, without sponsorship
Wood es un lider global en ingenieria y consultoria en el ambito de la energia y el entorno construido, ayudando a desbloquear soluciones a algunos de los desafios mas criticos del mundo. Brindamos soluciones de consultoria, proyectos y operaciones en mas de 60 paises, empleando alrededor de 45,000 personas. www.woodplc.com
Somos una empresa que favorece la igualdad de oportunidades y que reconoce el valor de la diversidad en sus equipos de trabajo. Todos los candidatos con la cualificacion adecuada seran considerados para oportunidades de empleo sobre la base de criterios objetivos y sin tener en cuenta lo siguiente (que es una lista no exhaustiva): raza, color, edad, religion, sexo, origen nacional, discapacidad, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero, condicion de veterano protegido u otras caracteristicas, de acuerdo con la legislacion vigente.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.