Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Finance/Accounting Analyst for a 1 year contract with high possibility of extension.
- Prepare and issue invoices to third parties for monthly commercial settlements, and work with traders/schedulers to settle disputes
- Prepare monthly pool price & netback calculations
- Working with counterparties to ensure clear receivables and payables for monthly commercial settlements, reviewing and resolving accounts receivables and payables related to settlement.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations in line with Client policy
- Assist month end closing process, monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting for the Canada Commercial group, E&P reporting and Houston Commercial group
- Retrieve, prepare and analyze financial data for statutory, regulatory and other monthly internal volumetric/financial reporting (NEB, AB/BC Provincial Gov't, DOE)
- Prepare inter-company transactions and settlements with E&P
- Strong and meticulous attention to detail
- Other support work within the Commercial finance team as required
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects/priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with various internal and external parties
- Quick learner; willingness to learn
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.