Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc., is looking for a Project Geotechnical Engineer to join our Tampa, FL team as a Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager. The candidate will support and manage projects in the southeast US, to provide civil / geotechnical engineering services for infrastructure, water resources and mining related projects. The candidate will perform project management duties including marketing, proposal preparation, project execution, staff coordination, financial performance and quality control.
Provide Civil / Geotechnical engineering and project management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical, civil and environmental projects to Wood's public and private sector clients.
- Typical projects include site investigation, dams and levees design & inspection, mining infrastructure and tailings pond design, transportation, utilities and other civil works projects
- Knowledge and experience in phosphate mining industry
- Supervise and lead civil / geotechnical investigation and design activities from proposal to deliverables
- Project and budget management including resource management and quality oversight
- Technical management of multi-discipline projects, coordinating project teams, and ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with Wood team members
- Business Development and client management
- Management of project financial performance
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Civil / Geotechnical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years+ experience in geotechnical investigation and design, preferably in the water resource & transportation infrastructure
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local Florida soils and geology
- Currently registered or immediately eligible for registration as a PE in Florida
- Diverse experience in the following areas highly desired:
- Earth dams and levees
- Mining (tailings management and dam design, hydraulic structures, etc.)
- Transportation and infrastructure
- Construction QAQC
- Experience with drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing
- Good communication, report writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with seepage and slope stability modeling is a plus
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.