Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Communications Specialist for a 1 year contract in Vancouver, BC.
Our client is looking for a communications generalist (one-year contract with opportunities for extension) to support their large project, with a focus on assisting the senior communications specialists on the team. The successful candidate has knowledge and experience in a broad range of communications tactics and approaches.
What You'll Do:
Under the direction of the External Issues and Media Lead, the successful candidate will:
• Understand the business challenges and opportunities for this large project
• Create engaging, informative and audience-centric communications including media material (advisories, media pitches, contributed articles and advertising), intranet and external website content, presentations for internal and external stakeholders, videos, collateral, and content for social media and other digital marketing and communications channels, as appropriate;
• Coordinate review and revisions processes involving multiple stakeholders;
• Provide information and support media response as required;
• Edit, standardize, and polish communications written by subject matter experts;
• Monitor and measure communications results and continually improve effectiveness.
• Communications expertise - able to develop integrated internal/external communications strategies and digital marketing plans;
• Consulting - able to think strategically, weigh issues, and recommend effective solutions; able to navigate and resolve ambiguity and work comfortably with executive level and other leaders;
• Strong, versatile writing - able to write in many styles for a variety of internal and external audiences; ranging from developing technical and detailed program information to storytelling and producing engaging content for digital and social media;
• Project management - able to prioritize and organize communications project work, and coordinate the work of team members;
• A team player with a customer service focus - able to build strong relationships and rapport with clients and team members, and meet requirements under the pressure of tight deadlines;
• Self-starter - ability to have work assigned in terms of broad objectives to be accomplished and completed in an independent manner;
• Curiosity and motivation to learn and continually improve;
• Understands both internal and external communications drivers;
• Understands traditional and social media and able to tailor communications approaches to each;
• Has established relationships with key industry associations and/or media;
• Must be able to travel.
• Minimum of five years of experience in various aspects of communications and stakeholder engagement;
• University degree in communications or a related discipline preferred;
• Energy infrastructure experience is considered an asset.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.