Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hobbs, New Mexico, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Production Operations Specialist in Hobbs, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. This position assumes the responsibility of monitoring and optimization of all production process variables, ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data for onshore oil and gas production in the Permian Basin. Local candidates ONLY.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Actively supports Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event Operate, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain oil and gas production equipment Perform duties (as detailed below) associated with oil and gas producing operations; including but not limited to plunger lift, electrical submersible pump wells, rod pumping and flowing wells, and compressors:
- Optimize artificial lift systems
- Acquire fluid level information
- Record keeping and data input
- Test safety devices
- Operate and monitor SCADA and computer control systems.
- Partner with other employees and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency
- Utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization
- Assure all work performed adheres to Operational Excellence standards and regulatory requirements.
- Complete work permits for trades and crews working on assets in accordance with Permit to Work System Role will require donning of respirator for hazardous area entry Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 years experience - operating and maintaining oil and gas production equipment in a field-based operations or construction position
- Experience operating rod pumps, electric submersible pumps and plunger lift
- Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends and holidays of assigned work schedule and overtime based on workload Must live within 50 miles of the field office, per diem will not be provided.
- Must have valid driver's license and provide vehicle and basic tools to support work.
- Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, SCADA, and an aptitude for learning new software packages
- Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers Ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal supervision
- Perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of production and facility equipment
- Familiar with pneumatic/electronic instrumentation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.