Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Equipment Operator with proven experience on Solar Projects to join our team in Chesapeake, Virginia. You must be able to operate a Skid Steer, Lull, Excavator, Dozer, Grader, Loader and equivalent equipment.
U.S: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Can use hand-held mobile radio units to coordinate tasks and resources
- Can perform a variety of skilled construction and maintenance tasks
- Can perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods in unfavorable weather conditions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, including orally, in writing or via radio
- Can perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment
- A commitment to safety
- The drive to produce quality work every time
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Works under immediate supervision
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment
- Typically reports to equipment foreman, supervisor or manager
- Able to meet physical requirements of frequent walking, climbing, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of the shift
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.