Our client is currently seeking a Tunnel Contract Specialist for a complex pipeline project. Position Overview
Our client is looking for an independent contractor to join our Eagle Mountain - Woodfibre Gas Pipeline (EGP) project team and help them supply safe and reliable natural gas to their customers in Squamish.
They need your expertise to take on the role of Tunnel Contracts Specialist,
providing expert input to the development of EGP contracts and procurement plans and deliver on strategies in support of project execution. The EGP Project is currently in its planning phase with a projected in-service date of Fall 2025.
Your proven history of delivering world-class projects, ability to think big picture and identify the best solutions to achieve an effective final product is just what they need. Working alongside project teams, partners, consultants and legal counsels comes second nature to you as you possess the know-how and people skills to keep the project rolling smoothly.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee day to day Request for Proposal activities.
- Manage the formal evaluation process, including the preparation and presentation of findings leading to a Recommendation of Award.
- Support negotiations for the EGP tunnel project to develop the conformed tunnel Design and Build contracts.
- Facilitate the contract from Contract Award through to Notice To Proceed phases.
What it takes:
- 15 years of commercial experience relating to design and construction contracts for major underground infrastructure works.
- Relevant technical or commercial qualification (quantity surveying, engineering, construction law) or comparable education.
- Ability to lead and influence multiple internal and external stakeholders to support world class project execution.
- A proactive and accountable attitude, highly ethical with strong organization and self-management attributes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.