Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Deliver C&A discipline engineering activities and deliverables for a specific project and ensure timely completion to the required quality standards.
- C&A discipline engineer in one or more teams handling multiple project responsibilities
- Execute technical work for FEED and Detailed Designs (designs, specifications, drawings, etc.) within designated CTR scopes.
- Carry out appropriate discipline and inter discipline checks and reviews of engineering and design work
- Remain engaged in design issues and decisions throughout construction, commissioning and start-up
- Create demonstrable value for customers by understanding their drivers and critical success factors.
- Capture/apply internal and external learning's and incorporate improvements.
- Deliver continuously improving performance, benchmarked as top tier in the industry.
- Time write correctly each week.
- Ensure own discipline engineering and design work are successfully delivered and appropriate reviews conducted.
- Ensure quality of technical work and the technical integrity, functionality, constructability, safe operation and reliability of designs.
- Contribute to excellent HSE performance throughout the engineering phase of the project life cycle.
- Maintain effective interfaces and relationships within/between disciplines, and peers in other Project teams and Customers.
- Many projects are executed in remote locations in various countries. Maintaining a good relationship with the client is critical to the success of the (design) project and often requires visit to the site and/or client office.
- Be a team player where recognition of team performance as a whole is a greater priority than projecting individual contribution
- Demonstrate repeatability and constant improvement in projects across a broad range of geographic, technical and cultural differences.
- Develop / share best practices, work processes, system and tools, based on experience gained in a portfolio of independent projects. Help develop a truly global Engineering, Design and Project delivery skill pool that effectively leverages knowledge and develops people across multiple regions amongst competing priorities.
- Be able to work in a team environment and handle multiple project responsibilities.
- Assuring that work and project promises are successfully delivered and appropriate reviews have been conducted.
- Establish / adopt new technology
- 7 years experience in similar role in Oil & Gas
- Relevant degree
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.