Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Spring, Texas, United States
Halliburton Completion Tools - Hardware Design Engineer
Summary of Role:
Under minimum supervision, derives functional specifications, requirements, and system level designs for state-of-the-art technology solutions for some of the most challenging problems in oil & gas to improve operational efficiency, lower costs, and maximize well productivity. Applies advanced skills in using engineering tools to design hardware, electronic circuits, control systems or algorithms for product changes and new product development. Advises and mentors junior engineers to deliver subsystems that will ultimately be integrated to form complex systems. Leads simulations and analysis to predict performance of systems and identifies design improvements by evaluating results. Contributes in reliability analysis such as risk assessments and Failure Mode Effects Analysis by compiling and examining data. Identifies the testing requirement at a system level with the emphasis on complying with test standards and Halliburton's Health, Safety, and Environment procedures. Contributes to Halliburton's Intellectual Property portfolio by preparing Invention Disclosures and recognizing ideas that have Intellectual Property potential without disclosing confidential information. Works as integral part of multi-discipline team including project management, mechanical engineering, assembly and test, and software teams.
Responsibilities & Design & Development (primary function):
- Design and develop embedded hardware for permanent downhole tools
- Design for Manufacturing
- Design Tests and Procedures
- Analyse design issues and identify solutions
- Independently evaluate design and execute tests to meet stated requirements
- Create Product Support Documentation
- Participates and facilitates electrical Design Reviews
- Creation of new Intellectual Property
Product Maintenance & Manufacturing: (secondary function)
- Support Technology Transfer (Documentation and Training)
- Product Support to Operations
- Product Support to Manufacturing
- Troubleshooting of operational issues
- Product Line governance and continuous improvement
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have High temperature and rugged electronics design for downhole tools
- Must have Downhole linear and switching mode power supply design experience
- Must have Downhole motor driver design experience
- Analog and digital electronics design; schematic capture and PCB layout software in Altium Designer or equivalent.
- Data Acquisition Units such as National Instruments Modules; analog circuit simulation software for evaluating concepts
- High temperature (150C and higher) electronics design, simulation, prototyping, and testing for permanent installations
- Downhole communication systems, filtering, signal analysis and decoding
- Experience in analysing multichip module (MCM), micro-probing, and troubleshooting desired
- Embedded C programming on microcontrollers, and microcontrollers including coding of interfaces to external systems desired
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 4- 7 years of related experience. Completion of a Master's in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred. Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
445 Woodline Drive , Spring , Texas , 77386 , United States
Requisition Number: 92244
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.