Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada
Our client, is seeing a Geotechnical Field Engineer for a contract role in Dawson Creek, BC.
This is a field-based role. Field locations could be in various areas of NE BC (CGL extends from Fort St. John to Kitimat - this position focuses on the eastern portion of the Project). The individual will be provided lodging at the CGL Workforce Accommodations sites for the various sections, and extensive travel may be required in between work sites.
• Collaborate with the senior geotechnical engineers of the project to design materials, structures, and systems while considering the limitations imposed by practicality, regulation, safety, and cost.
• Identify geotechnical hazards/instabilities on Project, select mitigations, and develop site specific installation designs in collaboration with the Company Geotechnical Engineering Subject-Matter-Experts (SME) for hazards impacting the pipeline and/or long-term stability of the Right-of-Way (ROW).
• Produce engineering solutions, act as the Company representative on-site with the pipeline construction contractor.
• Interface with the CGL Implementation Team, Pipeline Construction Contractor's geotechnical engineer, CGL Engineering Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and CGL Geotechnical Engineering Contractor.
• Provide engineering solutions that lead to effective monitoring, assessment and management of geotechnical hazards on pipeline assets, with consideration given for the safety and quality of the solution and life cycle costs for the program.
• This position is viewed as the Company geotechnical expert at site with high technical knowledge and experience. The role requires the ability to make decisions and recommendations on problems presented at site, while assessing the pros/cons of the options present to provide the best solution for the specific situation.
• Bachelor's degree or a Masters degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering.
• P.Eng. designation and eligible for registration with EGBC
• Linear pipeline project experience, preferably with large diameter pipelines
• Min. of 8 years of experience (preferably majority of the experience is in the field)
• Knowledge in geotechnical investigations and drilling techniques in western Canada, geotechnical instrumentation / monitoring, and open cut/trenchless crossing techniques
• Previously demonstrated dedication to safety
• Ability and initiative to work independently, display creativity, and exercise sound judgement
• Demonstrated superior organizational skills and proven ability to manage projects within scope and budget
• Effective analytical skills
• Skills to effectively operate in a team-oriented environment with a willingness to support team objectives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work closely with field teams, management, third party resources, and coordinate work with other appropriate technical resources
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
• Ability to handle rapidly shifting priorities and multiple activities concurrently, requiring resolution of complex problems in stressful situations
• Because of the remoteness, this position requires the ability to safely drive on the ROW and forestry roads on different weather conditions to arrive to the construction areas.
• Computer skills are required (Excel, Power Point, among others) to record findings, records tracking, and presentation.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.