Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada
Our client is seeking a Pipeline Engineer for a contract role in various field locations NE BC (CGL extends from Fort St. John to Kitimat - actual location to be determined).
This is a field-based role on the Coastal GasLink (CGL) project. This role is part of the CGL Engineering team. The selected candidate would work on a 3 weeks on/1 week off schedule with the ability to travel back to Calgary/Home location during the week off.
Field locations could be in various areas of NE BC (CGL extends from Fort St. John to Kitimat - actual location to be determined). The individual will be provided lodging at the CGL Workforce Accommodations sites for the various sections, and extensive travel may be required in between work sites.
• Liaison with the project team and support groups including, Engineering, Land, Environment, Procurement, Operations, to facilitate engineering management during construction and commissioning
• Interface with project engineering and engineering contractors for management of RFIs and engineering issues in preparation for and during construction commissioning
• Collaborate and provide engineering support to Project Stakeholders (Land, Environmental, Air, Operations, etc.) as field liaison during construction commissioning
• Collaborate with internal drafting and design team to develop, review, and expedite approval of field engineering deliverables, when necessary
• Support gathering information from field teams to support project engineering requirements
• Work with project controls to update engineering deliverables in the field
• Assist with the review and evaluation of scope changes during construction
• Technically support resolution of Non-Conformances generated during construction and commissioning
• Review hydrostatic testing documentation
• Manage the engineering workflow between construction teams and project teams
• Support activities associated with the CGL pursuit of excellence program
• Provide engineering solutions that lead to effective monitoring, assessment and management of construction hazards on pipeline assets, with consideration given for the safety and quality of the solution and life cycle costs for the program.
• This position is viewed as the Company Engineering representative at site with high technical knowledge and experience. The role requires the ability to make decisions and recommendations on problems presented at site, while assessing the pros/cons of the options present to provide the best solution for the specific situation.
• Bachelor's degree Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, or other Pipeline Engineering related discipline)
• P.Eng. designation and eligible for registration with EGBC
• Linear pipeline project experience, preferably with large diameter pipelines
• Min. of 10 years of experience with a combination of Pipeline Engineering design and experience is in the field (preferably majority of the experience is in the field)
• Knowledge in drilling techniques in Canada for open cut/trenchless crossing
• Previously demonstrated dedication to safety
• Ability and initiative to work independently, display creativity, and exercise sound judgement
• Demonstrated superior organizational skills and proven ability to manage projects within scope and budget
• Effective analytical skills
• Skills to effectively operate in a team-oriented environment with a willingness to support team objectives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work closely with field teams, management, third party resources, and coordinate work with other appropriate technical resources
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
• Ability to handle rapidly shifting priorities and multiple activities concurrently, requiring resolution of complex problems in stressful situations
• Because of the remoteness, this position requires the ability to safely drive on the ROW and forestry roads on different weather conditions to arrive to the construction areas.
• Computer skills are required (Excel, Power Point, among others) to record findings, records tracking, and presentation.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.