Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist the Senior Engineer with the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to the allocated Assets/ sites. To ensure that plant and equipment is Certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and legislasation.
- Support the Senior Discipline Engineers in the assessment of problems both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, notification of actions etc.
- Assist in RBA preparation and reviews as directed by discipline engineer.
- Assist in development of detailed plans, programmes and workscopes for annual corrosion and integrity monitoring etc.
- Assist in the preparation of workpacks as per the inspection programme or for unplanned activities.
- Retrieve project specific technical data from client library/documentation.
- Assist in mobilisation requirements as directed.
- Assist in reviewing and processing of inspection reports, anomaly reports (e.g. Inspection Queries (IQ) and Remedial Orders (RO)) etc.
- Input inspection data including that from corrosion monitoring into relevant Maintenance Management System (MMS) and/ or ACET (or similar database).
- Assist in maintaining registers such as for dead legs and temporary repairs.
- Assist with coordination in the anomaly process as directed.
- Assist with the coordination of reports for performance management or integrity data e.g. overdue reports, KPIs, as directed by your line manager.
- Assist with CTR's and budgets.
- Carry out Offshore/ site visits/ surveys to support onshore activities as required.
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED (Essential - E and Preferred - P)
- Minimum UKAS RG2 Category 4 compatible (E)
- As a minimum ONC in Mechanical Eng, NVQ Level 3 (such as City & Guilds) (E)
- Note: ONC in Fabrication & welding or other similar subject could be considered provided the individual has other qualification e.g. ASME or API certification.
- HNC or greater in an Engineering related discipline which should ideally be Mechanical Engineering (P)
- Offshore medical, BOSIET and MIST certification (P)
- NDT certification for core techniques (P)
- Confined Space Entry training (P)
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 2 years of specific experience related to the job description (E)
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes, standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment (P)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDE techniques (E)
- Microsoft Office (E)
- ACET or equivalent (P)
- Computer literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programs - proficient in Excel (E)
- Good team player (E)
- Good communicator both written and verbal (E)
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.