Skills: Maintenance Technician, Civil Construction
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Novi, Michigan, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is hiring Materials Technicians to join our team in Southeast Michigan. Wood provides construction materials testing and quality control services to a variety of clients from civil contractors to state and federal agencies. Our work spans many sectors including oil & gas, mining, hydro power development, highway infrastructure, municipal infrastructure, and commercial and industrial developments.
This position is fulltime, permanent and offers exciting and valuable opportunities for the motivated candidate to become trained in key aspects of our other related lines of business including environmental sciences, site assessment, remediation, earth sciences and geotechnical engineering. The position may include rotational work both within the state as well as outside Michigan on field projects, typically comprising of two to four weeks in the field. However please note that positions can extend past this timeline. For these projects, mobilization, accommodations, and meal cost will be provided or reimbursed. Candidate must have own vehicle to travel to local assigned site or office; vehicles may be rented for out of town work, with rental costs reimbursed.
- Perform field and laboratory testing and inspections for concrete, soils, aggregates, and asphalt in accordance with relevant standards
- Sampling/testing of concrete, collection of field samples and conduction of soil and asphalt compaction testing
- Preparation of daily field reports, field compaction reports, laboratory testing reports, and other office assignments
- Ensuring field and laboratory equipment is maintained, repaired, and calibrated as required
- Maintain equipment, inventory and records required for an AASHTO certified laboratory
- Comfortable working at heights up to 600 feet
- Adhering to all company safety rules and policies
Skills / Qualifications
- Education in Materials Testing or Civil Engineering Technology
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Familiar with civil construction practices and relevant testing standards
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems
- Strong written, verbal communication and people management skills
- Able to work independently in an office / laboratory setting and liaise with local office manager and supervisors
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving experience
- Travel out of town and willing to work overtime and extended hour
- ACI/MCA Concrete Field-Testing Technician - Grade I an asset
- ACI Concrete Strength Testing Technician an asset
- MDOT Density Technology certification an asset
- Michigan Certified Aggregate Technician Level 1 and 2 an asset
- Michigan HMA Sampling certification an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.