Skills: Civil Engineering, Waste Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a mid to senior level (7 -15 years' experience) Civil Engineer to join our design team in Los Angeles/Orange County area. The ideal candidate will have computer aided design (CAD) capabilities and meaningful experience in general civil design including but not limited to utilities and infrastructure.
Primary focus for project work will be to prepare calculations and design documents for various infrastructure projects, including, but not limited to port facilities (marine terminals, off-dock facilities, etc.), water and wastewater design, drainage design, and roadway/highway design. Familiarity with pump station design is desirable. The successful candidate should be familiar with national, state and local codes governing general civil engineering design. In addition, project work will include, but not be limited to, hydraulic calculations, volumetric earthwork calculations, cost estimating, master planning, preparation of studies, and attending client meetings.
- Serve as lead engineer for design projects under senior supervision
- Support miscellaneous general civil engineering work
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations and project documentation
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from a project team
- Work with a project team to investigate and resolve problems for new and existing designs and make corrections as needed
- Conduct general civil engineering calculations
- Develop detailed design submittal packages for client and agency review
- Develop final construction documents for bid, award, and construction
- Provide bid- and construction-phase support
- Create and update database(s) as necessary of design records for future reference in the required software
- Adhere to discipline and client specific CAD standards
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering and current Registered Civil PE in California required
- A minimum of 7 years of experience preparing design drawings and conducting engineering calculations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in either Bentley MicroStation including ProjectWise, Inroads, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMs, or AutoCAD and similar software
- Proven ability to read and understand both 2D and 3D drawings
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.