London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Geoscientist, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Do you have a keen interest in climate change and sustainability and an enthusiasm for developing solutions to complex and challenging problems? Are you looking for the ideal launch pad for a rewarding and fulfilling career in environmental consultancy? If so, we are recruiting for a high-calibre Consultant to join our Climate, Resilience & Sustainability Team at Wood with a particular focus on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) as well as national and international Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success and growth of a reputable and successful team and contribute to a wide range of high-profile projects. At Wood we help our clients to shape a more sustainable future and the projects we work on cross the multiple sectors and geographies our business works in. As such you will be exposed to a wide range of international projects with opportunities to travel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
You will ideally have post-graduate experience in a consultancy environment or other relevant industry, and a willingness to become involved in a broad selection of projects across a range of disciplines and sectors. You will be able to demonstrate good knowledge of climate change / sustainability policy and evidence experience of climate change assessments for infrastructure and / or built environment project development. We are looking for a new member of the team who can work on both climate change adaptation and mitigation, thus providing our clients with services that reduce their vulnerability to climate change and manage their carbon impact.
You will be required to produce reports and develop proposals for EIAs and ESIAs as well as other climate change assessments across a wide range of sectors. We expect that you will be self-starting and take the initiative to make effective decisions. Working as part of a team will be required in order to provide innovative solutions for clients.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development within the Climate, Resilience & Sustainability field and across Wood's wider Environment & Infrastructure Solutions consultancy business.
Wood recognises that their people are central to its success as a business. As a consequence, we are committed to a providing a comprehensive framework for the professional development of its staff, including:
• Access to extensive internal and external training opportunities;
• A mentoring programme; and
• Support for gaining chartership through professional institutions.
Fairness, support in development and a safe work environment - these are all of great importance to us. Where people look out for each other, are respected and are recognised. Where people work ethically and safely. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. We truly believe that diversity within our workplace promotes an incredible diversity of ideas. We are happy to consider applicants who are interested in the role on a part-time basis and support flexible working arrangements.
Skills / Qualifications
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong interest in climate and sustainability. Specifically, we are looking for the following qualifications and experience:
• At least a 2:1 degree in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA, ESIA, climate change adaptation and / or mitigation.
• Post graduate experience is not essential, although a Masters degree or PhD in a related discipline would be advantageous;
• You have experience of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and planning processes, with an understanding of the climate change adaptation and mitigation technical specialisms required for EIA;
• You will ideally have experience of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), with an understanding of different quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques for conducting impact analysis
• Experience in two or more of the following areas:
o Climate science and projections
o Environmental modelling and assessment
o GHG quantification and mitigation
o Economics and decision-making
• You should have strong qualitative and/or quantitative analytical skills, and be able to apply them to analysing problems and finding solutions to novel challenges;
• You are well organised, passionate about the environment and an understanding of national and international policy;
• You will collaborate effectively as part of a team, but also exhibit initiative in working individually on discrete tasks;
• You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, including being able to write high quality, concise reports; and
• You are interested in developing technical skills as part of ongoing career development.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.