Company: NES Fircroft
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Senior Payroll Analyst for an 18-month contract in Calgary, AB.
Reporting to the Manager, Canadian Payroll, you will represent the Canadian Payroll requirements by participating on our Workday implementation team as the Payroll Functional Subject Matter Expert (SME). You will be supported by the Canada Payroll team, but will be the primary resource on the project. You will have a dotted-line reporting to the Functional Lead for the Workday Implementation Project.
Key responsibilities will include participating in providing configuration requirements, participating in several testing phases throughout the project, communicating project updates to the operational team, engaging stakeholders as required (including U.S. Payroll), developing documentation to transition learning to the Canadian Payroll team prior to go-live and supporting the go-live / hyper-care period.
Our project guiding principles which you will be expected to demonstrate include: Challenging the Status Quo, Thinking Global / Acting Local (adopt streamlined, simplified, industry leading practices), Focusing on the Future, Taking Ownership, Focusing on the End User (user adoption and experience), and Being Adaptable (agile and flexible).
What you'll do
• Participate in the configuration and testing the Canadian Payroll functionality including:
o building set up tables;
o reviewing conversion requirements with the conversion team;
o providing input into the business requirements for the interface to our third-party payroll provider for post payroll activities (i.e. banking (direct deposit / cheques, remittances to government authorities);
o providing input into the building of business processes;
o providing input into security;
o reviewing the employee and leader experience as it relates to Canadian payroll;
o ensuring configuration meets the payroll requirements in all functional areas;
o participate in developing the business scenarios to represent all the functionality required by Canadian Payroll;
o executing all testing required to ensure all Canadian Payroll issues are uncovered and addressed;
o participating in cross-functional testing to ensure end to end processes are working as expected;
o testing integrations inbound to payroll and outbound to our third-party payroll provider for post-payroll activities.
• Participate in the development of documentation to transition learning to the Canadian Payroll team prior to go-live, including modifications of KBAs, policies, practices and programs as appropriate.
• Engagement and collaboration with other project team members, as well as the operational team and stakeholders from all geographical areas, to ensure requirements are understood and being met.
• Communicate project updates to the Canadian Payroll Manager and team on a regular basis.
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage tight deadlines, be flexible with changing priorities and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical with the ability to be resourceful, solve problems or find solutions to meet business needs.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the capability to manage information, data and correspondence on multiple levels.
• Exceptional judgement and discretion when dealing with internal and external parties, particularly when dealing with confidential matters, and working collaboratively with others.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude with the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Energetic individual who is a self-starter with an ability to learn and adapt quickly.
• Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with stakeholders at multiple levels.
Education / Experience:
• Minimum of 6 years of progressive Canadian payroll experience with a professional knowledge of all payroll legislative changes is required;
• Minimum of high-school graduation and completion of Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is required;
• Workday HR & Payroll experience is required;
• Post-Secondary education Diploma or Degree Business Administration, Human Resources or related discipline is an asset;
• SAP HR & Payroll experience, in addition to ADP/Ceridian Payroll experience is an asset;
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), MS Teams and SharePoint, with a desire to learn new skills as required (i.e. Smartsheet, ServiceNow).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.