Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist to support projects throughout the Central Valley Region.
*The position is able to work remotely with a base office in Fresno, CA.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs analyses for complex hydrogeologic and environmental projects. Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including field supervision, technical knowledge, and project management.
- Responsible for making correct interpretations of findings and recognizes and identifies inconsistent or inappropriate results; knows how and when to apply standard practices and techniques to unusual situations; knows when to consult with project manager and/or other appropriate more senior-level technical professional regarding how to resolve a problem, respond to a question or take an action that is appropriate.
- Motivates, trains, and mentors subordinate staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects.
- Assumes full management responsibility and accountability for managing large tasks or projects with review by the project manager (if not the incumbent) or appropriate more senior-level technical professional; develops project strategy and scope, perhaps in conjunction with more senior personnel; develops realistic budget and is accountable for them; provides review of project deliverables.
- Manages and communicates results, budget and schedule information to the client, project manager and appropriate operations management.
- Represents Wood E&IS and interacts in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives.
- Responsible for ensuring the Firm's administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed.
- Understands, applies, and oversees safety requirements in the field.
- Expected to join at least one professional association.
- Encouraged to prepare technical papers for external publications, and to make presentations to professional or client groups.
- Responsible for the identification of new clients and/or developing additional work within an existing project or with an existing client.
- May supervise field activities.
- May have direct staff management responsibilities, including performance management, career development and mentoring. Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 10+ years of experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree desirable.
- Significant knowledge of and experience with industry specific software (e.g., MSOffice, and MSProject) required, AutoCAD and ArcGIS desired, numerical modeling experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated task and project management skills.
- Staff management and leadership ability.
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment, initiative, and client relations.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to develop business from new and existing clients.
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS-PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Majority of work is completed in office/administrative environment; may involve exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to move objects, including the human body.
- Close, distance, and peripheral vision; normal auditory function.
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements, including the ability to wear a respirator, as required.
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.