Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hamilton Township, New Jersey, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Technical Field Advisor with a fast-proven record of accomplishments to support operations in our New Jersey office.
Activities associated with this position include all on-site activities related to various power/industrial boilers and auxiliary equipment, including both Wood Group designed equipment and/or other OEM equipment. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Technical Field Advisors (TFAs) have diversified field experience and are capable of performing their assigned duties with some supervision.
- Perform start-up, testing, training, inspections, etc. under the direction of the lead service personnel at a specific site and/or for a Senior Service Engineer.
- Performing inspections and issuing inspection reports.
- Conducting site testing activities.
- Issuing field activity reports i.e., DOR's, DR's, test data reports, etc.
- Assist in conducting Engineering Studies.
- Troubleshooting equipment problems and implementing corrections in the field.
- Provide feedback from the field on equipment improvement ideas.
- Available for 24-hour-a-day emergency access for customers.
- Comply with all customer purchase order requirements.
- Participate in Service KPO's.
- Provide services to other P&L centers when requested.
- Identify equipment/parts sales opportunities while at plant sites.
- Makes periodic visits to client sites to develop relations, promote opportunities and provide technical assistance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Develops new client relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; listens and gets clarification.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically.
- Inspires respect and trust; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Follows through on commitments; meets productivity standards.
- Willing to do what it takes to reach goals.
Skills / Qualifications
In general, years of hands-on field service experience will be used as a guide to determine which Level a TFA is placed in. However, other qualifications will also be considered heavily when evaluating the placement of a TFA within a specific Level. The years of experience and other qualifications are referenced below:
- Level I (0 to 3) years hands on field service experience or equivalent experience
- Level II (3 to 10) years hands on field service experience or equivalent experience
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- College Degree in a related Engineering Field.
- Good progressive knowledge of legacy FW products and business practices.
- Average performance as determined by annual evaluations.
- Physical Requirements :
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit. In addition, will require close vision work and travel.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.