The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct laboratory research with contaminated environmental samples to determine chemical or physical characteristics. Daily activities will require a good understanding and integration of geology, chemistry, biology, information, and mechanical systems. The ideal candidate would have broad experience with bench-scale feasibility studies utilizing environmental media (soil, groundwater, sediment, etc.) with chemical contaminants. Experience in environmental investigations related to hazardous waste site remediation including analyzing data and performing field works is highly desired. Essential Functions
Required Education and Experience
- Conduct laboratory feasibility study with contaminated environmental samples
- Perform EPA testing protocols and handle hazardous materials
- Analyze samples, report results and document methods
- Maintain and operate a variety of instruments.
- Maintain excellence in safety, health and environment practices
- MS in environmental science, geology, chemistry, or related field (BS with a minimum of 2 years of direct transferable experience working in a laboratory)
- 2+ years of experience on environmental investigation, and/or remediation projects with environmental samples
- Familiarity with EPA Methods including TCLP and SLPL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Data analysis/ Technical report writing
- Performing field sampling of soil, water and/or air samples
- A basic knowledge of or desire to learn hazardous waste field is preferred.
- Knowledge of the bench-scale feasibility study, field investigation and sampling
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical problem solving skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.