The primary responsibility of this position is to design injection methods and spray application test methods, the experimental design and conduct laboratory research with contaminated environmental samples to determine chemical or physical characteristics.
Experience with engineering design of a lab scale test apparatus that reflects field applications for soil and contaminated water treatment. Essential Functions
Required Education and Experience
- Design, engineer and construct an environmental test method apparatus according to project
- Conduct laboratory study with contaminated environmental samples
- Design testing protocols and analyze samples
- Report results and document methods
- Maintain and operate a variety of instruments.
- Maintain excellence in safety, health and environment practices
- BS/MS in chemical engineering or environmental science, geology, chemistry, or related field (BS with a minimum of 2 years of direct transferable experience working in a laboratory)
- 2+ years of experience on slurry injection methods and environmental investigation
- Familiarity with EPA Methods including TCLP and SLPL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Data analysis/ Technical report writing
- Performing field sampling of soil, water and/or air samples
- A basic knowledge of or desire to learn hazardous waste field is preferred.
- Knowledge of the bench-scale feasibility study, field investigation and sampling
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical problem solving skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.