Skills: Operations Management, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recriting is currently seeking an experienced Operations Assurance & Quality Manager with proven experience of managing Quality delivery in the Americas at a senior leadership level.
This individual will report functionally to the Vice-President of Operations Assurance & Quality driving operations assurance and quality management principles, systems, and measures with the overarching goal of improving delivery efficiency, customer satisfaction and reducing potential risks and rework.
The position has a broad scope and will oversee the management of deployed quality resources across a broad spectrum of projects and locations. As well as managing the Quality team, the successful candidate will also be expected to undertake a supporting role working collaboratively with local leadership teams using their proven influencing skills to deliver results in the areas of management system deployment, assurance, and continuous improvement.
The location of the role is flexible throughout the Americas; however, it is expected that the successful candidate will be based within easy proximity to a Wood office and travel hub.
- Leadership and delivery of operations assurance and quality (OAQ) across Business Grouping.
- Identification and regular engagement with key stakeholders to promote OAQ and gather feedback on performance.
- Management of and regular engagement with their OAQ teams ensuring competence assurance, objective setting and performance appraisal and sharing of best practice.
- Effective planning and allocation of resources (including people and budgets) enabling delivery of agreed Quality & Business Grouping objectives and deliverables.
- Driving the Wood Business Management System across the business ensuring application is effective and that compliance with the system is routinely monitored, assessed, and improved, as necessary.
- Facilitate external BMS certification (ISO 9001 +others as applicable).
- Ensuring consistent and effective implementation of OAQ supporting systems across the business as part of the strategic imperative of being standard and consistent in how we work.
- Planning and execution of risk-based assurance plans (including management review) with the escalation of significant findings to senior leaders (and supporting resolution where required)
- Monitoring and analysis of delivery performance data, regularly reporting themes and trends to senior leaders and undertaking intervention as required (including investigation and root cause analysis).
- Gathering and acting upon customer feedback ensuring action is taken to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree/diploma or local equivalent in Quality management, project management or related discipline (essential)
- Chartered Quality Professional (preferred)
- Lead Auditor qualification by recognized industry body (essential)
- Formal training in recognized root cause analysis techniques (essential)
- Membership of CQI/ASQ Quality organizations, Project Management Institute or equivalent (desirable)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 15+ years relevant experience (with a proportion of this in the Americas)
- Comprehensive understanding in industry standards for Quality
- Proficient in the analysis of processes and data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High Level of communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Leads by example.
- Passion for Operations Assurance and Quality
- Excellent planner and organizer
- Analytical, problem solver and systematic thinker
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team player
- Empowers others to make decisions within established parameters
- Excellent facilitator & presenter
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.