Vice President of Engineering Reports to:
Chief Operations Officer (COO) Position Type:
Permanent, Full-Time Location:
Houston, TX USA
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the energy industry. Our client, a privately owned and fast-growing manufacturer in the water treatment sector, has a permanent opportunity for a Vice President of Engineering to be based in Houston, TX. Profile Summary
Our client has unique patented technology and is making advanced strides in the water treatment industry. With proven technologies to lower cost and improve efficiencies for a multitude of industries ranging from municipalities, chemicals, food/ beverage, power, and oil and gas, our client is seeking an energetic and highly professional Vice President of Engineering to propel their business forward. The ideal candidate will lead the design and engineering teams for various applications across the company's water treatment systems. The ideal incumbent will also identify opportunities to create improvements in existing technology, provide recommendations for new products or utilization of existing products to new markets or geographies, and assist with business plan development for the company. Responsibilities
- Consults with Chief Operating Officer and Director or VP of Manufacturing to create long-range engineering and manufacturing goals specific to the needs of the organization.
- Oversees and approves the design and conceptual modeling of water treatment systems through plant installation to ensure performance optimization.
- Use knowledge and experience within ultrafiltration and reverse-osmosis to ensure the best product is continually created across the water treatments systems.
- Responsible for the continual safety, quality, and performance improvement of water treatment products including skid standardization and cost reduction.
- Oversees progress and timeliness of engineering projects.
- Reviews engineering project reports to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Contributes to sales proposals with engineering requirements.
- Serves as engineering consultant internally and externally to manufacturing, suppliers and customers.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Plans and coordinates the work of engineering staff.
- Oversees engineering staff and ensures that they meet goals and objectives.
- Recruits engineering staff as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Provides training and mentoring as needed.
- Strong leadership, managerial and supervisory skills.
- Ability to lead and develop teams, enthusiastic personality to mentor junior engineers and grow a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of water treatment system design and engineering.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, Master's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration highly preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is a plus.
- Minimum ten (10) years in an engineering leadership role holding title such as Engineering Manager, Director of Engineering, etc.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in the water treatment industry required.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience working in manufacturing industry required.
- Experience with ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis is highly desirable.
- Start-up experience highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a fast-growing start-up in the water treatment sector who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions within the municipalities, chemicals, food/ beverage, power, and oil and gas, energy industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package, annual bonus, LTIP opportunity, medical benefits, and holidays. On top of competitive compensation, the candidate will join a forward-thinking company that puts culture and their people at the forefront of their business. For further information regarding this role, please contact Mishu Ventura.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.