Skills: Software Specialist
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Geographical Information System (GIS) Specialist for a Kuwait based project to provide technical support to assigned activities and scope of work is carried out without any significant HSE incidents. Wood's reputation is enhanced by demonstrating commitment to raising HSE standards and proposing new initiatives or improvements to enhance HSE performance throughout Client.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
Project Management Database (PMD)
- Maintenance of the GIS PMD, uploading and QA/QC of data and reports to the systems
- Coordinate with GIS developers on continued development and enhancement of Project Management Database (PMD)
- Support GIS team in developing PMD functionality
- Provide point of contact between GIS developers and Client IT team
- Perform testing of the PMD
- Provide PMD training and support to project staff
- Use PMD to manage GIS data, analytical sample data, project documents and schedules
Field GIS/Site Surveying
- Maintaining a field GPS unit and post-processing software
- Supervising project team surveyors as required
- Obtaining GPS points in the field when necessary
- Collection of site data using mobile GIS (PDA / table PC)
- Assisting project team to locate geographical locations in the field
Desktop GIS / ACAD
- Provide project staff with mapping figures such as site location maps and aerial overlays
- Perform geospatial calculations of distance, area, volume for project staff as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 8 years post graduate experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.