Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Lead Construction Engineer Mechanical for a Kuwait based project for management of an assigned construction work scope, through effective teamworking with the Contractor to ensure the work is performed safely to the agreed schedule and to an acceptable standard. Provide leadership and direction to an assigned team of PMC personnel to effectively coordinate, monitor, and facilitate the work.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Promote HSE awareness and ensure that all Client / Wood HSE requirements are implemented and adhered to
- Provide effective and practical construction input into study, FEED, and contract action phases of projects to ensure constructability aspects of project execution are adequately considered
- Ensure that construction hazards and risks are fully considered by designers and contractors and that the appropriate mitigation actions are implemented during the project execution phase
- Coordinate with all project stakeholders, especially within Client, to facilitate the project execution with minimum disruption and hazards to both ongoing operations and the construction Contractor
- Liaise with the Contractor and other PMC groups to ensure timely and effective release of construction data / drawings and resolution of problems
- Ensure that efficient and effective communications are maintained between the Contractor and PMC, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- Ensure, through review and monitoring, that the construction schedules are achievable and that early mitigation of slippage or use of opportunities is identified and appropriate action taken
- Provide notification of any potential commercial risk or opportunity to the Contract group for further action.
- Develop close working relationships between all assigned construction team members and the HSEQ team to provide a consistent approach and effective resolution of issues. Encourage the same degree of cooperation within the Contractor organisation
- Develop a good team spirit within assigned PMC personnel and encourage team working with the Contractor and other Client groups
- Ensure that construction quality is maintained at an acceptable level, including all required records and tests; thus ensuring that pre commissioning, commissioning and handover are achieved
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering
- Minimum 12 years post graduate experience
- Minimum 8 years' experience in the refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.