Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Lead Contracts Engineer for a Kuwait based project to provide contracts and commercial support within the framework of a consultancy project management team (PMC) managing the execution of major upstream capital projects, from FEED through to operational handover.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Review Contractor's proposals for vendors and subcontractor
- Manage the Contracts Management function for the assigned Work Package
- Coordinate contract management and planning activities with Engineering, Project Controls and Construction
- Review and approve Contractor's RFPs / RFQs in accordance with contract
- Ensure that goods and services procured by Contractors meet local regulations and Kuwaiti content requirements relative to scope of work, quality and schedule
- Organize meetings with Contractor, Company and authorities (as needed) for negotiating and resolving commercial, technical and contract completion issues
- Effect the timely distribution of reports and pertinent commercial information to and from Contractor in accordance with Project instructions
- Schedule turnover meetings with Site Personnel, where required
- Ensure Contractor has submitted all required deliverables
- Ensure Project contract work is completed in accordance with company health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE), risk management and quality management system (QMS) requirements
- Review Contractors' Change and Variation requests
- Check rate sheets and timesheets submitted by Contractors (rates, backup and extensions)
- Review Contractors' invoices and prepare Progress Payment Certificates with Cost Control
- Review Contractors' costs, forecasts and requests for extras
- Issue for approval and post Substantial Performance documents
- Facilitate and participate in review and resolutions of Contractors' claims
- Issue Contract Close - Out documentation: Contract Close-Out Change Order, Certificate of Final Completion and Waiver of Lien
- Participate in contract cost review and regular Project progress meetings
- Assist with preparation of monthly contracts and Project progress reports
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc Engineering degree
- Minimum twelve years post graduate experience
- Minimum five years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum five years experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.