Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Lead Estimator for a Kuwait based project to prepare and issue for approval all types and classes of Estimate. Assigned activities and scope of work is carried out without any significant HSE incidents. Wood reputation is enhanced by demonstrating commitment to raising HSE standards and proposing new initiatives or improvements to enhance HSE performance throughout Client.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- To supervise the preparation of all estimates on the Project
- To review all estimates produced for the project
- To prepare and issue for approval all types and classes of estimate
- To be responsible, as and when required, for the Estimating of complete projects or individual elements within a major presentation, by application of recognised norms and databases
- In conjunction with other members of estimating team, to establish systems for ensuring that the relevant data is available for retrieval throughout the project life
- To liaise during the estimating preparation with all members of the engineering team disciplines to establish provide an estimate consistence with Scope of Work
- To assemble and present a professional estimate with all necessary justification
- To review Contractor prepared estimates and provide analysis to Company representatives
- To review Bid Submissions and provide analysis on cost breakdowns
- To read, understand and implement the company safety policy and the arrangements described in the company and area safety management system documents
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Degree in Financing / Accounting
- Minimum 10 years post graduate experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.