Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Lead HSE Engineer 1 for a Kuwait based project to
monitor the assigned construction scope to ensure company and Contractors perform all work to agreed standards for safety, health and environment and demonstrate a commitment to attaining high levels of HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) performance.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Establish, and communicate to the rest of the project team, the applicable legislation, codes and standards to be complied with
- To supervise, direct and control the environmental engineering, noise control, reliability, fire protection, HVAC and Safety functions including the preparation of associated philosophies, reports, specifications, drawings and data sheets
- To establish the design bases and philosophies for safety, fire and explosion protection, fire detection, heating and ventilation systems and to co-ordinate/monitor work related to these functions developed by piping, instruments, architects and structural disciplines. To be familiar with all relevant Departmental Procedures and ensure that any deviations from these procedures and discussed with the Manager, Safety/Environmental Engineering
- Control of the team to ensure adherence to programme and manhour control requirements
- Administration requirements for the project including:-
- Maintenance of the document control procedures and systems
- Ensuring control turnaround documents are completed in accordance with project requirements
- Ensuring holds diaries are maintained
- Ensuring satisfactory filing and retrieval systems are set up for use by the discipline and for maintenance long term records
- Ensuring that inputs to progress reports are issued in accordance with project requirements
- Provide adequate notice of required changes to staffing levels to Manager, Safety/Environmental Department.
- Liaison requirements to be met for other disciplines, co-ordination team and client
- Initiating and monitoring Quality Assurance requirements of project procedures
- Providing direct supervision of wind tunnel tests
- Attend regular design review meetings with Project Engineers and Lead Engineers and to ensure that safety aspects are properly coordinated and understood by all members of the project team
- To read, understand and implement the Company Safety Policy and the arrangements described in the Company and area Safety Management System documents
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc Engineering degree
- Minimum fifteen years post graduate experience
- Minimum ten years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum five years experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.