Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for HSE Engineer for a Kuwait based project to monitor the assigned construction scope to ensure Company and Contractors perform all work to agreed standards for safety, health and environment and demonstrate a commitment to attaining high levels of HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) performance.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Cliient HSE requirements through monitoring and audit of the construction contractors
- To be fully familiar with the Company/Client HSE requirements and expectations, and advise other Company/Contractor personnel on HSE issues
- To be fully familiar with Client, Company & Contractor HSE procedures and investigation/reporting requirements
- Provide training and induction/awareness courses on HSE and related areas
- Interface with Client groups as required, to ensure a good relationship & communications on HSE matters
- Review HSE related documentation produced by Company & Contractors to verify compliance and propose improvements where appropriate
- Lead HSE initiatives and communication/coordination groups to share HSE learning and ensure consistent standards and application
- Resolve minor HSE issues at site level, recording issues for future learning/trends, and raise major issues for greater awareness and resolution at higher levels if required
- HSE reporting and participation/leading investigations of accidents/incidents
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc Engineering degree
- Minimum eight years post graduate experience
- Minimum five years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum five years experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.