Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Cost Controller for a Kuwait based project to monitor, control and report current and forecast expenditures against approved Budgets to enable Project and Corporate Management to ensure that the final project costs are within the approved Budget.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined
- Ensure sufficient familiarity with the Contract for the Project
- Ensure man hours and related costs are recorded and coded correctly and the timesheet submissions are made as required in order to support cash flow
- Prepare cost, man hour and cash forecasts based on updated progress, forecasts and trends
- Prepare project cost and man hour reports in a timely fashion reflecting the current forecasts and trends complete with narratives and explanations for variances etc.
- Maintain Cost History sheets for every major item of equipment and every category of Bulk Material
- Review continuously the current cost forecasts of equipment and bulk materials against budget and be aware of trends caused by changes to specification
- Take part in Cost and Sampling analysis throughout the design phase of the project
- Ensure correct authorisation for reimbursable expenditure.
- Prepare ADHOC cost studies and estimates as required.
- Contribute to building a cost conscious attitude throughout the project team
- Carry out additional tasks as may be required from time to time by the Cost Control Manager or Supervisor
- Awareness and identification of potential back charges from Client
- Liaison with Project Accounts with regard to the contract / actual rates and associated data
- At the commencement of each project, hold discussion with the Project Accountant and agree whose responsibility the raising of Personnel Authorisation Form is for the project duration. This is an activity which may fall in Cost Contract or Project Accounts area depending on emphasis of project.
- Possess a degree of expertise in system aspects of Cost Control system software, particularly the actual software being used by the Department at present. The expertise should be sufficient to be able to assist in carrying out minor modifications to the software
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Degree in Financing / Accounting
- Minimum 8 years post graduate experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.