Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Planning / Schedule Engineer for a Kuwait based project to assist Lead Planning Engineer to ensure Contractor's project programmes are prepared, maintained, analyzed, monitored and controlled against Contract requirements. Also, ensure the EPC contractor's planning procedures and tools are in line with the Contract requirements and also the best project control practice.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Participate in all meeting (i.e programme review meetings, progress meetings, coordination meetings, constructability review meeting, etc.) and manage all communications regarding project planning activities. Also provide efficient and accurate feedback for all processes to PMC Team
- Review and verify Contractor's engineering and procurement planning system, procedures and tools, making sure it`s alignment and integrity with other tools and contractual requirements
- Follow up all programme development exercise with EPC contractor's, including programme baseline development. Also, verify the effectiveness of programme mitigation plans
- Participate in developing Overall progress report also periodical reports (weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports)
- Review and comment on Contractor's programme (Contractor's Baseline, look ahead update, any revised schedule), Contractors Manpower forecasts, as well as contractor's submitted reports
- Provide programme impact analysis and variance analysis.
- Provide critical paths analysis and address critical issues of the project
- Follow-up the equipment / materials delivery as well as engineering work packages issuance.
- To evaluate the resource plan and progress measurement system established by EPC contractors and participate in progress and monthly invoice evaluation exercise
- Participate in change management process and trends analysis also highlight potential problems with recommendations for remedial action. Ensure changes have been incorporated in the project plan / schedule
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering
- Minimum 8 years post graduate experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.