Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently looking to recruit an Environmental Advisor on a part-time (22.5 hours), fixed-term basis, to join its team in Aberdeen.
The Environmental Advisor is responsible for providing specialist technical and practical environmental support to achieve the highest standards of environmental stewardship across Wood's Operated Assets. This includes the co-ordination and ongoing management of all relevant Permits, Licences, Authorisations, Notifications and Consents (PLANC) requirements as well as tracking ongoing environmental performance and working with site Teams to implement the annual HSE Improvement Plan objectives.
They shall also support the implementation of Wood's environmental strategy and HSSE policy obligations and assist the Environmental Lead in ensuring compliance with Wood's environmental standards across Operated Assets and supporting the wider business as required.
The post holder will be an enthusiastic environmental professional with experience in managing environmental permits and undertaking site visits / interfacing with the Regulator. The person will be technically proficient in environmental management standards and/or a specialist environmental discipline and have a full understanding of the UK offshore and ideally onshore environmental regulatory regime.
Key Accoutabilities & Responsibilitites:
- Focal point for management of environmental PLANC requirements on Wood's Operated Assets
- Maintaining Environmental Management System (EMS) compliance requirements.
- Identifying, understanding and communicating the legal, industrial and contractual environmental obligations placed on Wood to Duty Holder sites.
- Assisting in the development and provision of training on key environmental risks associated with Duty Holder assets to facilitate greater environmental awareness and promote best environmental practice.
- Working with assurance teams in developing and undertaking environmental inspections and audits where required.
- Providing the business with technical environmental support on a broad range of environmental management issues e.g. atmospherics, water discharges, investigations, client engagement.
- Assisting in the investigation of environmental incidents and subsequent monitoring to ensure any trends are identified and mitigated effectively.
- Liaising with the line manager and legal teams to manage environmental regulatory issues.
- Facilitating the implementation of environmental key performance indicators and monitoring trends, issues, alerts etc, communicating to Wood's management and central support teams as required.
Skills / Qualifications
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of onshore and offshore environmental legislation
- Authoring environnmental management processes & procedures
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Collating and interpreting environmental performance data
- On-site practical knowledge and experience
- Undertaking environmental awareness training
- Environmental inspection and auditing
Qualifications (desirable or in lieu of the above):
- Degree in Environmental related discipline
- Professional membership of environmental body
- Driving licence
- Willing to travel internationally
- Excellent communication & literacy skills
- Proficient in all aspects of MS Office
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.