United States of America - Louisiana, Baton RougeJob Summary
AECOM is looking for an experience Operator to work out of the Baton Rouge, LA office.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operates all equipment on a construction site.
- Participates in environmental, health and safety performance improvement efforts.
- Performs routine operating of basic equipment.
- Uses limited exercise of judgment.
- Works under close supervision with direction given on all assignments.
- Operates all types of heavy equipment.
- Limited supervision on all tasks.
- Experienced in the area of heavy equipment operations.
- May supervise and train junior operators
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- High School Diploma
- 6+ years of experience
- Must be familiar with Pascagoula Refinery safety procedures
- Must be proficient in operation of a track-hoe, tractor, industrial mower and front-end loader.
- Must have a strong safety background and commitment to working safe.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security background check; many projects clients are security sensitive.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Physically able, with or without an accommodation, to work in outdoor environments with uneven terrain and variable outdoor conditions including heat and noise. Position requires frequent (more than 50% of the workday) operation of vehicles and operating heavy, moving, or dangerous equipment; occasionally (10-25% of the workday) performing repetitive bending & stooping, standing/walking, power gripping/squeezing (hand tools, levers, etc.), climbing stairs, working in an environment of heavy, moving, dangerous, equipment, and performing keyboard/mouse operations; rarely(less than 10% of the workday) working with arms above shoulder level, wearing fall protection, performing repetitive or fine hand movements, working alone in isolated/remote areas, and lifting less than 25 pounds to greater than 75 pounds. Position will include wearing associated personal protective equipment, including but not limited to gloves, safety glasses/goggles, safety shoes/boots, hard hat, and hearing protection.
- Note for posting: OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training and current 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher is preferred.
.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Construction ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.