Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Skills: Civil Construction
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Jacobs is seeking to fill a Senior Transportation Highway Engineer for the Atlanta, Georgia office. In this role, you will work closely with the program team to deliver on one of the largest roadway projects in Georgia and work with our GDOT Client Account Manager and Design-Build Leader to grow our Transportation Planning and Design-build business.
Lead Design Advisor : As the Lead Design Advisor for the project, you will work seamlessly with the Project Director, Design Manger, and Procurement/Post-Let Manager to resolve issues encountered through completion of Pre-Let Design delivery and to align Pre-Let Design for effective integration into P3 Procurement documents.
The following is a list of representative job responsibilities:
- Lead "Special Projects" required to resolve issues encountered during the Pre-Let process. These may include assignments to address inquiries/requests from the public and local/partner agencies, to support continuing value planning/value engineering efforts, and to support the Project Risk Management process. This will involve active engagement with the Client and external parties to support a resolution of issues, in collaboration with the Project Director and Design Manager.
- Facilitate the engagement of a national network of Design SME's, in collaboration with the Project Director, Design Manager, and Procurement/Post-Let Manager to help deliver thought leadership to the client and to enhance our overall quality process.
- Perform ongoing peer reviews of Project Pre-Let Design deliverables.
- As Lead Design Advisor, support mobilization and implementation of Procurement/Post-Let services. Work closely with Post-Let team to identify key engineering support to the Post-Let portion of the project and assist with the transition into Post-Let Delivery
Transportation Planning and Design-Build Business Development Support
In the business development role, you will work closely with our GDOT Client Account Manager and Design Build Leader for Georgia in pursuing new owners representative and alternative delivery projects with GDOT through meeting with clients and participating in proposal development.
The following is a list of job responsibilities:
- Support the development of a sales pipeline in Client Success Platform (CSP) through meeting with clients and helping to identify new project opportunities with GDOT and other municipal clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with GDOT (specifically OID) to monitor upcoming transportation planning and alternative delivery projects
- Work closely with the GDOT Client Account Manager and Design Build Leader to help pre-position our team (aka middle game - differentiate) for future transportation planning and design-build work in Georgia by taking on special assignments related to development of technical approach ideas that will help differentiate us from our competition
- Support development of alternate technical concepts and technical proposal efforts associated with winning design-build work in Georgia in support of the leadership team and sales operation team
- Help to establish management and quality process and procedures for delivering the work, work with Chief Engineer to monitor and implement process and procedures.
o PE required, senior engineering position, 10-15+ years of experience preferred.
o Strong people and leadership skills
o GDOT Design Experience a plus
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.