ENGIE are recruiting for a IT Service Desk Analyst to be based in Newcastle, NE12 8EX. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 07:30hrs - 17:30hrs. On offer is a salary of £18,300 per annum and benefits package. There is a requirement for periodic on call cover to provide first line support to the out of hours support contracts. In this role you'll support the IT Service Desk Team Leader in providing an efficient, cost effective and customer focused IT Service Desk which provides a single point of contact for all users of IT through the logging and management of all incidents and service requests. Role Overview
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Provide the main point of contact for customers to reports faults and issues
- Respond to phone generated IT related incidents/requests. Logging calls on the system accurately and in full detail, both during and after the call and completing all administration within timescales and to a high level of accuracy
- Escalating to the relevant Team Leader for any business-critical issues or complaints.
- Provision of first line telephony support, including but not limited to triage and appropriate troubleshooting, correct incident categorisation and resolution where possible. Retention of end to end ownership and working with ENGIE UK resolver groups and third parties where required.
- Utilise diagnostic utilities to aid with troubleshooting to achieve first time resolution.
- Manage communications to service users in the event of any service impacting issues.
- Ensure that priority setting, and escalation procedures are applied effectively and that all complaints are responsibly and professionally resolved.
- Provision of effective Incident Management, working closely with resolver groups to undertake effective Problem Management.
- Contributing to Information Security by assisting in the preservation of confidentiality, integrity and availability of information, including but not limited to adhering to and supporting Information Security standards, procedures and policies and identifying and raising security incidents as required to the Information Security Team.
- Support the ENGIE SSC with the successful take-on of new services
- Qualification in the field of Information Technology and / or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- A good technical background with knowledge of common software packages and a broad understanding of IT Infrastructures.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience of desktop operating systems, including Microsoft Windows10.
- Good knowledge of a leading IT Service Management Tool.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes - particularly Incident Management, Problem Management and Request Fulfilment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Professional telephone manner with ability to remain calm under pressure and be able to express solutions and ideas to colleagues and users at all levels.
- Proven experience in a customer facing role.
- A good understanding of IT Service Desk challenges.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
This role includes a DBS/DS Standard check therefore ability to pass is essential ENGIE Benefits Include:
- Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
- Employee personal & professional development profile
- Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: Apr 7, 2021