The Advisor SCADA Engineering will be an integral member of ENGIE's IT and Digital organization team, supporting the company's Renewables operations. In this role, you will support SCADA and Substation Automation Protection and Controls projects for renewable generation (Wind and Solar) and Distributed Heating - Cooling and Power (DHCP) in North America (USA and CANADA). The role will also lead the team of SCADA Engineers.
What you'll do:
- Learn ENGIE North America distributed generation SCADA architecture and new project development and implementation process.
- Assist with engineering analysis, design review and commissioning of renewable energy projects (including Wind, Solar PV, Solar PV + Energy Storage, Distributed Cooling, Heating and Power DCHP)
- Assist in commissioning of solar photovoltaic systems and energy storage system (PV-ESS), including the ability to perform solar site surveys
- Proficient in Schneider - AVEVA Wonderware System Platform Version 2017.
- Become familiar with ENGIE Cyber Security framework and support compliance in all the renewable projects.
- Prepare performance monitoring tools and programming applications
- Travel to remote sites to assist project commissioning and signal check-out activities of SCADA communications.
- Record specification designs, drawings, bills of materials and test data.
- Create test procedures to verify hardware and software designs.
- Ensure engineering design comply with UL, IEEE, ISA requirements
What you bring:
- Bachelor's or Technical Associate degree in Automation and Controls Engineering, Power Electronics Engineering. Computer Programming Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Seven years of Industrial Automation working experience in the Power Sector (preferred).
- Experience in programming Schneider Wonderware System Platform (Galaxy Repository, Object oriented programming and historian).
- Experience in development of process graphics in InTouch HMI, Factory Talk as well as Power-BI dashboards.
- Experience in programing Schweitzer (SEL) protection relays SEL-351, SEL-487, including RTAC-3530
- Experience in PLC hardware and maintenance for PLC's Allen-Bradley Control Logix, ABB PLC, Raspberry PI
- Experience programming PLC ladder logic, functional blocks, IEC-61131, Node-RED is a plus
- Experience in object-oriented programming - Python is a plus
- Able to Travel: Independent travel within North America is required.
- Must build and retain critical vendor relationships in support of the Asset Optimization business unit
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Apr 7, 2021