Oakland, California, United States
Oakland, California, United States
Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Oakland, California, United States
Manager, Utility Solutions
Sustainability Solutions Americas
Locations: US - Oakland, New York City, Los Angeles, San Diego Preferred. Potential for remote location
While society is making strides toward a sustainable future, it isn't happening fast enough.
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments worldwide. We help organizations accelerate their sustainability transformations by providing end-to-end solutions that are environmentally and economically beneficial and result in long-term growth.
From strategy to implementation, our goal is to help our clients embed sustainability throughout their operations, saving money and resources, and reducing their impact on the environment.
ENGIE Impact is unique because we can leverage ENGIE Group's world-class expertise in zero-carbon energy, mobility, and buildings as well as innovative digital tools and financing capabilities to offer our clients a true end-to-end solution. The Sustainability Solutions group within ENGIE Impact is a growing team of deep experts and top-tier consultants who are translating these capabilities into solutions for our clients' most complex challenges.
Area of Concentration and Focus
This Manager role will focus on providing support to our utility and regulatory clients who are working to accelerate the transition to a decarbonized economy. Our clients include investor-owned electric and gas utilities, utility and infrastructure asset investors, state-level utilities, Fortune 500 companies, NGOs, cities, public agencies. This area of concentration will focus on offering energy sector utility and energy solutions covering strategy, roadmapping, and planning for decarbonization, with key areas of focus: the potential role for green fuel alternatives such as hydrogen; transportation and building electrification; and market entry strategy across the energy value chain.
Strong project-delivery and client-facing experience, with ability to manage and guide multiple workstreams simultaneously is critical; solid background in analytical modeling, stakeholder engagement, and business development is desired.
Professional experience in the utilities sector is critical, with special emphasis on N. American markets, business models, policies and regulations.
ENGIE Impact is seeking a Manager in our Utilities practice who is a passionate, analytical, highly-collaborative and detailed-oriented critical thinker who can communicate insights with precision while working on a variety of workstreams across client assignments.
In this role, as a Manager, Utility Solutions you will work on internal and external engagements alongside ENGIE Impact's Sustainability Solutions team of expert consultants. While anchored in utility and energy sector decarbonization, your sustainability projects may cover a variety of sectors and topics, to broaden your skills. Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Directly manage junior staff to ensure complete and high-quality project deliverables to clients
- Develop and prepare high-quality client-facing materials and deliverables across multiple workstreams; this includes but is not limited to Power Point presentations, reports, summary documents, and proposals
- Manage clear, structured, and effective client communication across multiple workstreams
- Plan and manage stakeholder meetings using best-in-class digital facilitation techniques and advanced technology
- Manage and lead research using internal and external resources on specific trends, markets, technologies, or policies; ensure continuous updating of knowledge hubs, databases, etc.
- Lead expert analysis of energy sector strategies, technologies, and utility solutions to develop unique insights
- Oversee and guide the development and improvement of leave-behind analytical models, covering technical, economic, and environmental evaluations; ensure quality and client-readiness
- Help contribute to business process designs internally and across the ENGIE organization
- Manage and coach junior staff to foster a collaborative working environment, encourage innovation, and support in professional development and career progression
- Frequently collaborate with and receive coaching from our senior leadership team
- Support Utilities Practice business development and provide input on our go to market Utility Solutions strategy
A successful Manager, Utility Solutions within the Sustainability Solutions team at ENGIE Impact will typically meet the following minimum criteria:
- Demonstrated passion for energy sector, utilities, clean energy, and sustainability
- Bachelor's degree in applied sciences, engineering, environment, sustainability, or equivalent with a stellar record of academic achievement
- Desirable for candidates to have advanced academic degrees (MS, PhD, MBA, JD)
- A minimum of five years professional experience; a minimum of three years of client-facing project delivery experience (e.g. with a competitive management consulting firm or similar experience)
- Superb consulting skillset - slide and report writing; issue-based problem solving; structured thinking and communication; translating data to insights; collaborative teaming and facilitation; competitive strategy and financial analysis
- Experience in managing and leading work requiring analytics, with specific focus on techno-economic optimization, market forecasting, and project valuation
- Superb skills in common data analysis platforms in Microsoft Excel is required
- Experience in advanced analytics commercial software such as Matlab, Microsoft VBA, and Tableau is beneficial
- Solid understanding of energy sector and utility markets, policies, and trends
- Direct experience in energy sector and/or utility state and local regulations, business models, market entry, and programs is highly desirable
- Demonstrated concrete results in operationalizing business transformation strategies while leveraging innovation, technology, commercialization and project management skillsets
- Capacity to engage with senior stakeholders
- Previous people leadership experience required
- Ability to manage a junior team of 2-5 consultants/analysts preferred
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment that is fast-paced and oftentimes ambiguous
Working at ENGIE Impact
At ENGIE Impact, we offer our global team members more than a career. We offer an opportunity to make a real difference in the world by helping to create a more sustainable planet for generations to come.
As a Sustainability Solutions Manager, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry as you help innovate new solutions to meet our clients' unique and ever-changing needs directly.
Join us in helping companies and cities to address the environmental and economic impacts of their operations, as we work together with shared purpose, to create a more sustainable future.
Learn more about our culture, benefits and more at ENGIEImpact.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Additional Locations: North America-United States-New York-New York, North America-United States-California-San Diego, North America-United States-California-Los Angeles
- Posting Date: Apr 7, 2021