Waynesboro, Georgia, United States
Waynesboro, Georgia, United States
Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Waynesboro, Georgia, United States
Requisition ID: 234120
Requisition Posting End Date: 04/21/2021
In August of 2017, Georgia Power selected Bechtel to complete the construction of the two-reactor expansion of a nuclear power plant near Augusta, Georgia. Plant Vogtle Units 3 & 4 will be the first new units built in the U.S. in the last three decades and are currently the only new units being constructed in the country.
At the peak of construction, this vital project will employ up to 5,000 on-site. These positions will include building tradespeople, engineers, field supervisors, construction and project managers, quality assurance professionals, safety professionals, procurement, subcontract specialists and many others.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
The Area Turnover Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, planning, providing technical direction and performing document reviews. The primary focus of this function is to coordinate with Responsible Field Engineers (RFE's), map and assemble all required documentation to subsystem turnover packages as required to support timely completion of construction system and facility turnover to the appropriate receiving organization within Vogtle Units 3 & 4. This position reports to the Unit Turnover Lead and coordinates closely with System Scoping Coordinator and their assigned personnel on system boundaries, priorities and sequencing. This is for a short term assignment.
- Provide leadership for environmental, safety, health, and injury/accident and fire prevention on the project.
- Be the Champion for the ZERO Accident Program.
- Ensure that Turnover Packages are in compliance with all procedural processes and requirements.
- Coordinate with the Construction Area Managers and their assigned personnel.
- Coordinates with the System Scoping Coordinator regarding system scoping priorities and sequencing for their specific facility.
- Coordinates with Site Work Package Planning Group and Field Engineering Group.
- Develop/validate equipment take-off lists for scoped systems.
- Gain full understanding of and identify Work Packages and data sheets required and associated to each Boundary Identification Package (BIP) within area of responsibility.
- Coordinates closely with RFE's and ensures that all required data is accurately entered into and mapped within the Turnover Tracking system Database for their specific facility and subsystems.
- Review and identify open E&DCR's, N&D's and CR's, etc. that may impact SSC's within BIP boundary or turnover to ITP.
- Responsible for implementing project policies, procedures and instructions.
- Prepare reports and forecasts, including summary of progress reports.
- Perform other duties as required by Site Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 6 years related experience, or 12 years of related professional progressive experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk downs which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on. elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
- Possess the right to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must be able to complete and pass drug, alcohol and background screenings.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management, technologies, means and methods.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of system startup and turnover programs and processes.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of supervisory functions relating to construction turnover and startup field activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H) and commitment to a ZERO Accident Safety Program.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of computer applications, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.