This is an upcoming contract role that we are currently sourcing candidates for. It is an open-ended contract position that is based in the Fort Saskatchewan area. Duties
- Manage an upcoming turnaround project at a major industrial facility
- Engage in early phase planning and organization for the turnaround with a focus on schedule and budget adherence
- Incorporate HSE and Quality practices into early stage planning
- Provide direction to multi-discipline team with focus on schedule, cost, HSE, quality and oversight of contractors
- Ensure team is following established policies and procedures; If need be revise and implement current procedures
- Draft and communicate regular progress reports based on established KPIs and metrics
- Make sure that all deliverables, milestones and contractor commitments are clearly understood by all stakeholders
- Effectively manage the team via excellent leadership skills
- 15 to 20 years experience in operations, maintenance, engineering in a site based environment
- Post-secondary education and training in either a technical degree program, college diploma or trade combined with experience mentioned above
- Experience or training in formal project management techniques
- Have worked on site in a complex process facility such as refining, upgrading, gas plants and/or petrochemical facility
- Experience on large turnaround projects
- Previous experience on large capital spend projects with complex deliverables, multiple stakeholders and large delivery teams
- Generalist knowledge of HSE, Quality, Commissioning, Operations, contracts administration and project controls
- Advanced skills in MS Excel specifically and the MS Office Suite generally
- Experience using an advance ERP system
- Leadership experience with accountability for driving team deliverables, performance management, hiring/terminations
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.