Skills: Civil Construction, Construction Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Position: Onshore Compliance Manager
Location: London or Glasgow
Duration: 6 month contract
Type: PAYE Contract - £500/£550 per day
This position is will be situated within out clients Onshore Works Department to manage and coordinate all activities related to the discharge of the DCO consenting conditions and get the project ready to start construction. Once construction has started, the successful candidate will be responsible to manage and coordinate onshore works, as well as stakeholder's management (i.e, interface with Parish councils, highways department, etc).
The successful candidate will be assigned to the Wind Farm projects team to act as the Onshore Manager. The successful candidate will initially manage the development of the Onshore Pre-Delivery Works.
- Coordinate activities during the pre-construction phase to allow projects to commence to construction meeting the required timescales, safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Obtain the consents, permissions and rights necessary for the commencement of construction.
- Procure and complete pre-construction works not included within the main EPC contractors work scopes to allow main construction to start. These works are likely to include but not be limited to:
- Highway widenings
- Junction improvements
- Archaeology clearance
- Pre-construction drainage
- Access roads
- Temporary compounds
- Coordinate with compliance team, project packages, engineering and other stakeholders to ensure consenting conditions, pre-construction works, and mitigations are completed in time to start construction activities according to project time necessities. Communicate findings and impacts to Execution Manager and affected departments.
- Manage and report risks
- Manage and control assigned budget.
- Develop and monitor activities through programme.
- Track and meet invoice and payment milestones.
- Procure studies, pre-construction works and engineering services during the Pre-Construction Stage.
- Support preparation/coordination of pre-engineering documentation.
- Liaise with Engineering Dept to coordinate engineering requirements.
- Liaise internally and with clients to put in place appropriate procurement processes to deliver projects
- Coordinate CDM-C and other Safety resources during the initial Pre-Construction stages where necessary.
- Deliver site works during the Pre-Construction Phase meeting safety, quality and environmental standards
- Manage and report on expenditures during pre-construction stage using financial tools.
- Contract management of suppliers during the Pre-Construction stage e.g. Engineering Consultants and Contractors (site investigations etc).
- Conduct Progress, co-ordination and interface meetings with the various teams involved in the project.
Candidates are to have at least 5 years of relevant Pre-Construction Project management, construction and/or commercial line management experience and having managed large complex projects. Deep understanding of the process to discharge the DCO consenting conditions is a must.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.