Skills: Project Management
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
8,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Worley has an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Director to join our business on a permanent basis.
The Portfolio Director role in the UK UNCE Aberdeen Energy Hub will be based out of the Aberdeen offices in the UK but will be required to be mobile to support the various offices and contracts in the UK and globally as required.
The primary expectations of the role will be:
- Be an active leader in HSSE, driving the right attitudes and behaviours across UK UNCE business line, and bringing belief that zero accidents is achievable
- Meeting the agreed financial targets for Revenue, LEBIT and Overhead for the assigned portfolio and identify areas for increased performance
- Growing the business as per the Aberdeen Hub Strategy and in line with the Plan on a Page (POAP) and our annual UK UNCE goals.
- Ensuring that the governance regimes as required by the Enterprise Management System (EMS) are deployed effectively. This will include Code of Business Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Corruption, GDPR, amongst others
- Be a proactive member of the UK Energy Management team (including championing initiatives outside of core expertise)
- Oversee and ensure the use of GID across the portfolio team in line with corporate objectives.
- Effectively manage our customers within the sphere of UK Energy, driving trust in the delivery of Worley Energy UK business
- Ensuring that we effectively pursue new opportunities, in line with our strategy, and using the tools in the company, such as CSP.
- Act as sponsor for key accounts both within the UK Energy contracts, but also for contracts outside of this as well (e.g. Services where appropriate)
- The high degree of collaboration across the world of Worley, making sure that we sell all of our capability to all of our customers as far as is reasonably practical
- Develop our talented organisation, by mentoring selected personnel, but critically also by creating a culture of care, so that people feel empowered and committed to Worley
- Hold regular meetings with key stakeholders so that information is shared and sensible decisions are taken in a timely fashion. Meetings may be face to face or virtual and will cover such areas as Business Development; operational performance; HSSE; Financial review; strategy review; etc.
Qualifications & Training
- Educated Bachelor's degree level
- Chartered Engineer or Project Professional
- Masters degree either MBA or equivalent technical or financial qualification
- Extensive experience in EPC projects and Term Contracts management in the offshore oil and gas business gained through operating at a senior level in either the Engineering or Project Management disciplines which includes knowledge of the project life cycle within the oil and gas industry encompassing concept to handover and initial operation.
- Responsibility for P&L on a major EPC/E&C Project
- Demonstrable experience in financial management
- Extensive experience in the management of client relationship with Oil and Gas operators in the UKCS
- Commercial knowledge and awareness of contract typically encountered in the oil and gas industry
- High level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Excellent decision-making, project management, interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and influencing skills
- Credible communicator and presenter
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.