Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
ASSET DEVELOPMENT (IDD EL-SHARGI)
Primary Purpose of Job
The Reservoir Engineer works closely with the Subsurface Team providing simulation support to all projects. In addition, the position is accountable for insuring that high quality and timely reservoir engineering work is provided to QP's business. Reservoir-engineering work is expected to be value-oriented and in alignment with QP's business plan bringing forth reservoir performance evaluation, and identification of near and long-term reserve and production improvement opportunities. The position is expected to work closely with Subsurface Team geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, and reservoirs engineers as well as Development Team. The ideal candidate will have: (1) demonstrated ability to use petroleum principles to solve problems and identify enhancement opportunities, (2) strong background in reservoir engineering principles such as numerical reservoir modelling, production forecasting, decline curve analysis, maximize hydrocarbon recovery, well testing, material balance modelling, inflow/outflow analysis, well drilling and workover planning, economic modelling, SCAL and PVT analysis of reservoir fluids, (3) pattern management practices, (4) good overall practical oilfield operations knowledge, (5) expertise in working with geoscientists, and production and facilities engineers, (6) proficiency in using reservoir engineering software's, (7) strong interpersonal skills for working in multi-disciplinary and multicultural project teams, (8) well-developed report writing and presentation preparation and delivery skills, and (9) fluency in English.
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent
Experience & Skills
• A minimum of 10 years direct experience in Reservoir Engineering related work required
• A minimum of 5 years of "hands on" experience in reservoir engineering.
• A minimum of 5 years of "hands on" experience in reservoir modelling.
• Experience in pressure transient analysis, horizontal well technology, reservoir surveillance, and water flooding strongly preferred.
• Expert knowledge of reservoir modelling and reservoir fluid properties
• Working knowledge of economic evaluation concepts, petrophysical analysis, core description, preferred. • Experience in completions, workovers, drilling and offshore field operations considered a plus.
• A team player capable of working in a multi-discipline team environment with a desire to share knowledge. Persuasive, open minded, hard worker, and delivery orientated.
• Experience with Eclipse, OFM, and Kappa.
• International experience preferred.
• Self-starter with a strong desire to deliver superior results.
• Ability to think "out of the box" and question the status quo.
• Strong leadership, good people and communication skills required with the ability to work with multi-national workforce.
• Multi-tasking capabilities, willing to take on work and responsibility outside of classical Reservoir Engineering roles.
• Strong Reservoir Engineering technical understanding and focus coupled with strong business skills required.
• Experience in asset teams participation preferred.
• Desire to objectively evaluate and incorporate as necessary, new technology to the reservoir description/asset management effort.
• Reservoir and geoscience working experience in an operated asset.
• Strong experience on reservoir dynamic modelling (Eclipse) and model history matching.
• HSE trainings.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa