Skills: Piping Technician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently recruiting for Piping Supervisor with significant Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Construction experience. The Piping Supervisors will represent Wood on site to ensure the construction contractors' activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and Client requirements.
- Ensure that Piping Construction Contractors are working within the discipline and adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, specifications, ITP's, procedures and site Instructions
- Responsible for the HSES, and quality aspects of the work within assigned areas and ensure construction contractors complete their work in accordance with the project schedule
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to the particular discipline and area of work
- Work with the contractor's staff, Planning Engineers, and the Construction Engineer. Develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule
- Inform the Discipline Superintendent on specific areas where the programme needs to be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and material deliveries
- Monitor the discipline, work and attendance of contractors' staff in their defined work area. Identify any disciplinary action required, and inform the relevant Discipline Superintendent
Skills / Qualifications
- Has extensive track record managing Piping Construction activities within Oil & Gas or Petrochemical sector
- Has excellent communication and presentation skills
- Has considerable experience of supervising Construction staff to achieve effective construction execution
- Computer literate
- 10 years + experince managing piping installtion works onmajor projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.