Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer for our Houston, TX Office to work offshore as an Installation CVA. This is a contract opportunity with multiple benefit plans to choose from.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
In this role, the Structrural Engineer will:
- Use advanced technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments including complex problems and to complete any project tasks with minimal guidance and direction
- May serve as the Lead Structural Engineer or the project Structural Technical Authority on large and complex projects
Skills / Qualifications
Successful candidate to possess experience with:
- Performing layout, structural configuration development, analysis, and design of structural items of major size and and complexity (such as decks, skids, modules, and jackets)
- Performing tasks necessary to ensure complete designs (such as varying geotechnical and metocean data; preparing project specifications; coordinating with verification agencies to get design certified; resolving construction and installation issues; interface with all parties involved, and applying Professional Engineer's seal to engineered documents)
- Ability to work offshore (Gulf of Mexico) in an engineering capacity
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.