Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Port of Spain, Port of Spain Corporation, Trinidad and Tobago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting an Instrument & Control Commissioning Coordinator with upstream/offshore oil and gas commissioning experience.
This position is based in Houston, Texas, with majority of work offshore rotations in Trinidad.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in th US without sponsorship required.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Developing detailed commissioning and start-up procedures for assigned systems . Supervise and lead instrumentation commissioning team to a successful completion and injury free activities and tasks. This includes instrument leads oversight and assignment of systems.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; multi-discipline technical team leadership, planning and coordination of work within a simultaneous operations environment, having technical expertise relevant to design and operation of assigned systems and liaising with equipment engineers, equipment vendors, construction personnel and operations team members.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Developing project SC documents and providing input into SC strategy documents
- Provide discipline input to the SC project plans and schedules
- Lead executing systems tasks and activities, and development and reporting.
- Lead the execution of commissioning procedures for assigned discipline systems.
- Provide daily, on-site/in-field leadership, execution coordination of a multi-discipline team of discipline supervisors.
- Interact with Engineering and Operations team for input and draw from past experience and knowledge when executing procedures.
- Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub system packages from Construction
- Punch List management and responsibility of offered Sub systems / Systems
- Advanced knowledge in Systems Completion and Commissioning, Completions Management Systems
- Working with project HSE leadership to develop appropriate Job Safety Analysis (JSA's) for the SC team and SC activities.
- Read, interpret and work from vendor documentation, project drawings, schematic diagrams and equipment manuals.
- Attend key equipment factory acceptance tests.
- Requisition parts and supplies and maintain spare parts inventory.
- Maintain records and prepare regular and special reports on electrical and electronic systems
- Liaise with SCDB Custodian ensuring integrity of database, amendments, Punch Lists and documentation, reports progress /status
- A detailed working knowledge of offshore oil and gas process, drilling and topsides facilities including power generation and distribution, control and safety systems, oil and gas separation, turbine driven gas compression, rotating equipment, utility support and lifesaving systems.
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of offshore oil and gas processing facilities and deepwater facilities is required including:
- Proficient writing and developing Commissioning Procedures or Function test procedures
- Instrument/Electrical theory, work methods, tools and testing equipment used in the commissioning of Oil/Gas Facilities
- Electronic Transmitters
- Valve Positioners
- DC Power Systems
- Analog and Discrete Signals
- Pneumatic Systems
- Hart Protocol
- Proficient in Control Logic Schemes
- Experience with various PLC, DCS, and Fire & Gas control systems
- PLC logic controls
- Process Automation
- Report writing and records maintenance.
- Permit to work System
- Cause and Effect logic relationships of equipment
- Candidate must be able to manage leads and technicians in the coordination of work
- Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures
Education and Experience:
- 15+ years' experience in O&G industry; with at minimum 7 years' experience as a Discipline Lead or as Field supervisor; able to undertake commissioning management functions and provide specialist support to a project.
- O&G Commissioning and Star-Up/SC Experience (8+ years)
- Offshore GOM or International Project Experience in SC Discipline/Supervisory Lead Role
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in a primary Engineering discipline.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.