Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking an IT Project Manager for a 5-month contract in Calgary, AB.
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Desired PM/technical experience:
- Intermediate to Senior PM with at least 10 years of IT project management experience.
- At least 5 years of hands on project management cybersecurity experience.
- Strong understanding of Identify and Access Management domain is a strong asset.
- Experience with Multifactor Authentication (MFA) and Identity and Access Governance is also a strong asset.
- Experience or exposure to SCADA environments is preferred.
Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues and without formal guidelines or precedents and exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret policy
- Responsible for coordination and completion of large scale and more complex projects Familiar with a variety of the Cybersecurity concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Negotiates changes in scope, budget or calendar with Project Owner and/or management.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Provides guidance to other project managers.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.