Tacoma, Washington, United States
Tacoma, Washington, United States
Skills: Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor, Refinery Specialist, Refinery Staff
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Clean Harbors Tacoma location is looking for a Refinery Shift Supervisor to join their safety conscious team! The Refinery Shift Supervisor is responsible for directing and supervising the operating activities during the designated shift. He/she will be responsible for supervising up to 20 employees, scheduling, training, and overseeing maintenance activities and process in the tank farm and VGO side of the refinery ** 12 hour Shifts rotating days to nights every 2 months
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Premium Pay for Overtime
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always;
- Directs and supervises the operating activities of the designated shift;
- Coordinate logistics of the refinery, including but not limited to: ensuring proper inbound/outbound traffic maintained, aid in strategy development, coordinate railcar switches
- Ensures that all operating activities during the assigned shift are completed within all federal, state, and local regulations;
- Manages work assignments, resolves problems and ensures a safe, efficient operation;
- Ensures all compliance and safety rules are met;
- Trains, coaches and directs staff;
- Evaluates performance and offers feedback to employee and next level management;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Post-secondary technical training and/or Certification (Engineering) preferred
- Experience in refinery operations
- Operational background (planning, training, and maintenance)
- 3+ years of supervisory or related experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Good verbal and written communications skills, solid knowledge of core business and excellent leadership skills
- Ability to workday and night shift on rotation
- Previous experience in a physically intensive position preferred; experience in the refinery industry an asset
- Ability and willingness to work both day and night shifts as required by business demands
- Mechanical aptitude
- Boiler and/or Forklift certification is an asset
- High school diploma or equivalency
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today!
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.