Ventura, California, United States
Ventura, California, United States
Skills: Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ventura, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Offshore Production Operator
PURPOSE: Operate and maintain oil and gas production and processing equipment and facilities in accordance with company policies and applicable regulatory statutes
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Duties will include, but are not limited to, operate and troubleshoot oil and gas process equipment, work with the Lead Operators to maintain production, and provide assistance in all maintenance programs. Monitor, operate, and maintain oil and gas treatment and processing equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor, operate, and maintain oil and gas treatment and processing equipment to include two-phase separators, amine plant, compressors, pumps, scrubbers and chiller units.
- Troubleshoot process problems and make minor mechanical repairs to keep processing units on line.
- Monitor wells for maximum production (variable speed drive electric submersible pumps).
- Perform regulatory monthly testing and make adjustments or repairs, as needed.
- Input daily oil, gas, and water production volumes into Company computer program.
- Assist Lead Operator with data entry into Company's facility maintenance Mainsaver software program.
- Perform preventive maintenance of oil and gas treatment and processing facilities.
- Comply with all rules, laws and ordinances of all federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must be qualified under applicable regulations and required fit testing
- Required to wear personal protective equipment which may include self-contained breathing apparatus
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, and crawling
- Work on an offshore oil platform in close quarters - maintain satisfactory hygiene to work and live with others onboard
- Lift, lower, push, and pull equipment and tools
- Work in confined/restricted working environment
- Work at elevated heights, in enclosed spaces and on uneven walk surfaces
- Climb ladders, stairs, and ramps
- Operate rotating equipment and machinery safely to maintain production processes
- Operate power, pneumatic hand tools
- Ability to work varying (day and night) shifts, additional hours and/or overtime depending operation service needs
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Concentrate and focus to monitor and observe for safety and environmental issues, including, for example, hazardous gas leaks and oil spills
- Analyze and respond promptly to safety and environmental issues in a sound and timely manner
- Physically fit to perform physical assessment
- Obtain and maintain Swing Rope Certification
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Three years of operational experience with working knowledge of the above-described equipment.
- Satisfactory completion of T2 process facilities training
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel software programs.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proven ability to perform minor mechanical repairs to standard oilfield equipment.